In this blog, I will show you how to display products on Magento 2 homepage in a few easy steps. By default, your Magento 2 homepage will be blank. This is because you need to specifically instruct Magento 2 to display certain category or group of products on the homepage.
In the below example, I am going to explain the step by step process to display two different type of products in Magento 2 homepage.
- Products from Specific Category.
- Newly Added Products.
Products from Specific Category:
Step 1: Login to your Magento 2 Admin Panel.
Step 3: Click on Select > Edit option on the right corner to edit the Home page content.
Step 4: Next, under Content > Text Editor click on the Insert Widget button which will open a pop up.
Now select Catalog Products List from Widget Type dropdown and fill all the details according to your requirements.
- Enter the relevant title like Hot Sellers, Best Selling, Trending, On Offer, etc.
- You can enable / disable the page control.
- Specify how many products to display.
- Select the desired template – show as grid or column. By default, the option will be set as grid.
- Enter the cache lifetime in seconds.
- Go to Conditions attribute, select Category option and just select the category of your choice that you want to show.
At last, click on Insert Widget, then click on Save Page.
Step 5: Now go to the homepage of your store, and you will see the products from specific category on the homepage of your Magento 2.
Newly Added Products:
Follow the above steps up to 4, then click on Insert Widget from the Content editor of your homepage. Select Catalog New Products List from Widget Type dropdown and fill the details according to your requirements. After providing all the details, click on Insert Widget, then click on Save Page.
Step 6: Go to the homepage of your store, and you will see the recently added products on the homepage of your Magento 2.