Magento allows the store owner to create admin users as many as they want and also it allows store owners to define permissions for those admin users depending on their needs. As a store owner, if you want to create a new admin user for your Magento store, this blog will help you.
Steps to Create New Admin User:
Creating admin users in Magento 2 is not a big work. Just follow the below steps and create admin users as many as you want,
Step 1: On the Admin panel, click “System” from the left side menu. Then, click “All Users” in the “Permissions” section.
Step 2: In the upper-right corner, click “Add New User” button to add a new admin user account.
Step 3: In the “Account Information” section, enter the following informations,
- In the “User Name” field, enter the username for the admin user account. It must be unique.
- Then enter the “First Name” & “Last Name”.
- “Email” address, this email address must be unique.
- Enter the same value in the “Password” and “Password Confirmation” fields, the password should be secured, should contain more than seven characters and should include both letters and numbers.
- “Interface Locale”, if your store has multiple languages then select the language to be used for the Admin interface.
- Activate/Deactivate the account by choosing the appropriate option in the “This account is” field
Step 4: In the “Current User Identity Verification” section, enter your current admin password to verify that you have the rights to add a new admin user.
Step 5: Then choose “User Role” from the left side panel. You will be seen a list of all the existing user roles as follows,
Initially, the only role available is “Administrators”. Here, select the desired option in the “Assigned” column.
If you want to create a new admin user role, read one of our blogs Steps to Create New User Role in Magento 2.
Step 6: Finally, click “Save User” button to create a new admin user.
Hope this helps.